It’s very important to have a standardized set of error codes and messages in a platform to ensure that the frontend and backend are aligned on how to handle different situations and react accordingly.
The table below has the following components
- Code - A larger level grouping of the error similar to the status codes used in HTTP responses
- Sub Code - A sub-set of the code identifying the specific error for a system.
- Message - A message that can be shown to the end-user.
Some common errors are described here and are supported by the following application templates
- Commutatus Rails Templates
- Commutatus Angular Starter Pack
- Commutatus React Boilerplate
Incorrect email/password combination
Invalid Access Token
Internal Server Error
We normally also return the Rollbar UUID
e.message from ActiveRecord