When operating in an AWS environment, it is important that costs of the account are tagged to specific components, projects, and environments of the account so that it is possible to analyze later and understand where costs can be optimized.
Cost Tagging conventions followed at Commutatus are -
- project - default to the project name
- component - api, user-interface
- sub-component - database, api-server, load-balancer, ui-server, elasticsearch, assets, user-generated-files
- environment - staging, production, beta, development
- managed-by - commutatus, customer-name